Planes and Trains

I recently started a second (third if you count home schooling) job at a local game store. It involves hosting escape rooms, doing some wood working, and doing some retail. I love the fact that I will be doing some things I enjoy while getting to be with people. 

The best part of the job is that it works with my schedule to still travel this year in the way I want. 

Today, I booked a flight to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Why? Because I had some ticket vouchers which were going to expire at the end of May and wanted to go somewhere. My original plan was to visit a friend in El Paso, but ticket prices there tripled. So, I started researching warm destinations and ended up with a reasonable round trip experience to Florida.

What am I going to do there? Explore for a day, do some writing while traveling, enjoy the train ride to Chicago, and maybe try something new. Still don't know where I am going to stay, but I am aiming to do this trip as cheaply as possible. If anyone has any suggestion, I am open to hearing them. 

Amtrak travels between Holland and Chicago, so I am taking the  train down on the morning before my flight. It has been a few years since my last Amtrak ride, but I look forward to the time on board to think and people watch. It still amazes me that the United States doesn't have more train options. In my experience, trains are simple and peaceful way to travel when you are alone. Now, they are even equipped with WiFi. 

Travel has always been something I enjoy, and the chance to break out of routine for a few days grabbed my attention. For many people in the Midwest and those who live farther north, winter has a way of stealing our joy. Escaping for a few days to sunshine and a different habitat can lift the spirits. 

I will be sharing my experiences once I get back, and hope to find some new and interesting things in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinomania - A Short Review

Listening

This is America