My top Three Games from 2018

I'm about to head out to my weekly board game night in an effort to regain some of my sanity from all the time indoors this week. In that vein, I thought a brief post on games was appropriate.

2018 was another great year for board and table top games. There were so many published, I haven't even been able to try half of the games I want to yet. Hopefully, we get a little more levity in terms of what is published this year, but there is no guarantee.

Since the amount of games published last year can be overwhelming, here are my top three games from the year.

1. Azul
A wonderful puzzle game with plenty of replay-ability. I've played it with people new to board games, kids, and veteran games. It's a near perfect filler and doesn't take long to explain.
Absolutely the most fun I've had with a worker placement in quite a while. Not for those new to board games necessarily, but the bright colors and fun graphics will attract some people and introduce them to a whole new way to play. 
A game I need to play more. With card crafting and hand/area management, it is a lot of fun and the graphics draw you in. My one complaint would be the quality of some of the components. Overall though, players will be engaged in crafting various rare items. It moves quickly once you get the fairly unique mechanic limitations. 


Did you have a favorite new game last year? Is there something you are looking forward to this year? Let me know!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinomania - A Short Review

Listening

This is America